Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Its Her Birthday...Hooray!



I know I am a couple days late but still we need to celebrate.  Katie had a birthday on Sunday 20th of January 2013.  She might not appreciate it if I say how young she is and it does not matter therefore I wont tell.  Although I was half asleep, some of the boys and I woke her up at midnight and celebrated. We gave her a strainer and a stainless steel pot for cooking, which she had not only been wanting one but we gave her one that is purple, hard to beat I say.  Since we do not eat cake anymore, we acquired an emergency candle and a big old guava fruit that served as the cake.  At least it worked.  Naturally, the party did not last long and we all were soon in bed and asleep.
  That day was special for a couple of reasons.  We had a special meeting at our church called a district conference in the which Katie accompanied the choir on the piano and I helped to sing in that very same choir.  Katie was nervous and I was exhausted, because of a three day coconut oil cleanse I had been doing, but we survived the day.  To end the day and my cleanse we made a scrumptious heaping bowl of fruit that was at the minimum, absolutely divine. Then to top it off we Skyped our family and they sang Happy Birthday to Katie and we chatted for a good while about the exciting and exotics things that are happening on the opposite sides of the world that we are on. We finally said good bye and eventually I said good night and went off to bed.
  Come to find out next morning, Katie who had taken a nap earlier was kept awake talking to Mani until after midnight.  By the way, Mani left that  Monday for a new job in a nearby town.  That is how Katie saw the beginning and the end of her birthday.  The moral of this short story is never have a birthday in India...well maybe not.  The moral could be; do not worry about your birthday and you will enjoy it more (especially if someone else worries about it enough to do something special for you)

Thanks again...and this is David your Post Host, so look twice when you go to the post office because you never know when I will post again.



No comments:

Post a Comment