Saturday, March 9, 2013

Reaching Goals!

Life is not all about sitting in the shade, drinking coconut water, and doing nothing with your life.  Goals are needed. To illustrate, let us consider the my experience with climbing coconut trees.
Since coming to India my loathing and disdane for even the sight of coconuts was already a long established mind set.  However, seeing how they grow and are so uselful, desiring also to partake what others seemed so much to enjoy, and with a little help from the three day coconut oil diet I overcame this dislike. Now it thrills my taste buds to eat coconuts, whether tender, mature, or dried.  I still am not completely sold on coconut water, but even fresh virgin coconut oil tastes good to me.
Instead of allowing myself to be dependent on someone else to climb and retrieve coconut's for me I decided it was time I learned to master the art of tree climbing.  So now you have the background and an idea of motivation behind my endeavor.
 To start you secure firmly the trunk of the tree. By the way, it is easier during the day. Make sure you have an experienced climber instruct you in the ways of climbing. Then stay focused and do not look down, at least until you reach the top then be careful you do not let height make you dizzy, some of these trees get to be 100 ft tall.
Victory! There is nothing like conquering a goal, especially a coconut tree.
Even if it is eight feet tall!
 The moral of the story is make goals that sound big but are easy to reach.  Okay, maybe if you have a goal start small and work up to bigger ones.  (Next time you climb a coconut tree though, make sure it actually has coconuts.)

And there goes David the Post Host...maybe you should stop reading these posts and be glad that you never know when I will post again.



No comments:

Post a Comment